Here are the completed 30 paintings !
This challenge ran from 1-30 September 2014. It’s the first paint challenge I have ever participated in and I loved it… for many different reasons.
1. I learned that I love DEADLINES… i found I was so much more productive with my entire day… knowing that I had to reserve precious paint time each evening after I returned from a full day in the office (I manage corporate and academic partnerships at UMass Lowell).. I would prep each painting the night before, add some detail the next morning before work, and then spend 1.5 hours each night completing the piece…
2. I didn’t THINK about it… I used a lot of intuition, spontaneity, and gained more confidence in being able to call a painting finished in a small amount of time.
3. I was able to pay tribute to some very special people in my life… normally very focused on my large abstract pieces… i gave myself artist license to paint landscapes and figurative pieces… new experiences for me ! I painted the resting place of my dear mum who died in 1996… a special tribute to my granddaughter Apria, and another tribute to a beautiful black lab in my neighborhood “Little Bit” who served with our marines in Afghanistan, saving them from dangerous mines… I found I really like trying new subjects, people, places and in the future I’m going to follow my heart more and not stick to what I am most comfortable with 🙂
4. From a marketing point of view, this is a great activity for all emerging artists to get involved with. City Arts in Nashua has asked if they can sponsor an exhibit of the entire collection at the end of October…hard work and determination always pay off 🙂
5. Thank you to everyone who has liked a piece, made a comment, shared – thank you for your love and support ❤ Jacqui x
A few of these paintings will be available for sale in my Etsy store : http://www.etsy.com/shop/jacquihawk
check out some of the collections from other artists who participated in this Challenge !!